2018-2019 5A Top 10 Rankings.
Week 1 Rankings 12/2/18
- Grandview (1-0) – Did nothing to lose this spot after trouncing a good Ralston Valley team. These girls look like they are in mid season form already.
- Highlands Ranch (4-0) – Winning the La Jolla Sweet 16 tournament with a quality win over Millenium(AZ) keeps them firmly in this spot. Shooting Guard Jamie Bain 19′ (#2 on our top 5 SG list for 2019) came away with tournament MVP.
- Regis Jesuit (3-0) – A early season Tournament Championship in Northern California showed the Raiders are indeed stacked again this year. Fran Belibi and Jada Moore were standouts over the weekend.
- Cherry Creek (0-0) – No game this past weekend.
- Horizon (1-0) – Solid win over Columbine, next week’s Best of the Nest Tournament will provide some early season clarity.
- Fossil Ridge (1-0) – Good win over new to 5A Windsor.
- Mountain Vista (3-0) – Early season local tournament win moves them in to the Top 10 this week. Need to make some time to see these girls pay.
- Valor (1-0) – Start of their 5A run with a quality win over Chaparral. Heading to Best in the Nest next week should be fun to see.
- Ralston Valley (1-1) – Bounce back game by beating Arapahoe on the Warrior’s home court easily keeps them in the Top 10.
- Broomfield (3-1) – a solid early season start at 3-1 helps these girls jump into our Top 10 after competing in the Castle View -Thunderridge Tipoff . Dropped Out: Cherokee Trail
2018-19 4A Pre-season Top 10
- Evergreen – State Champs hold tight until someone knocks them off.
- Pueblo West – always a quality program ready to make another run.
- Air Academy – Kylee Blacksten will lead the charge as the lady Kadets make another run with their 6’3″ star.
- Mesa Ridge – Some big losses but a solid group of junior should help them compete.
- Golden – another team with big losses but a large group of rising juniors to help continue success for the program.
- D’Evelyn – Always a solid group of girls who like to hoist it up from the arc.
- Holy Family – will need someone to replace Hren but they should be fine as they usually are ready to compete.
- Pueblo South – Lucero and Nelson will lead the way for one last chance for a State Title.
- Windsor – a couple keys losses to graduation but typically are a strong 4A program.
- Thomas Jefferson – rounds out the Top 10 representing the Denver Prep league.
Colorado Girls Hoops
Committed to providing educated opinions on the upcoming 5A/4A Girls Basketball season in Colorado. Preseason predictions, weekly matchup breakdowns and predictions and player profiles. Looking for open discussion to help promote girls hoops in Colorado.